I'm living the dream life in Cannes at the moment.
It's spring and the flowers on our street, the Boulevard de la Croisette, are all in bloom. I stay a mere elevator ride from the beach, I buy gorgeous seasonal produce and fresh chèvre at the Marche Forville, I cook most days and on weekends, I explore small, pretty towns across the riviera with my favourite person in the universe. This Sunday we walked around cap d'Antibes, ogling incredible houses and finding cute pebbled coves. We chanced upon a small trail that led to these beautiful cliffs and witnessed a little old lady climb the rocks, strip down to her birthday suit and dive into the cold Mediterranean. Of course a French grandma had to be the baddest bitch in the world. Dying to be besties with her.
Here are some things on the internet I loved this week:
- Speaking of grandmas, this little film made my day.
- Marseille is just an hour away but you can go on a nightwalk with Google.
- My birthday falls on a long weekend in the not too distant future and maybe we'll go to Menton.
- If you don't read First We Feast, you're missing the most entertaining food blog in the world.
- Design meets travel in this pretty piece about the aesthetes of Tangier.
- This video makes me reflect on the most important question: WHY AM I NOT A DANCER?
- My friend Caleb has one of the best instagram feeds I've seen. He has one of the most interesting visual perspectives on New Zealand. (I miss his blog dearly.)